Svetlana Y. Ivanova
Senior associate, Mediator
- Family law
- Inheritance law
- Labor law
- Representation in courts of general jurisdiction and the system of arbitration courts of the Russian Federation
2021 – “Mediation” program. Basic course”, “Business mediation”, “Family mediation”.
2008 – Additional (to higher) education in the specialty “Translator in the field of professional communication”
2008 – Institute of International Law and Economics named after. A.S. Griboyedov, international legal specialization.
Areas of practice
Svetlana Ivanova specializes in family and inheritance law, as well as in related areas: corporate law, labor law, real estate transactions. Has experience court’s participation of general jurisdiction and arbitration courts of the Russian Federation for more than 10 years.
Among other things, Svetlana has experience in successfully resolving disputes out of court (mediation) in the field of family and inheritance law.
Works in legal consulting since 2008.
- Before joining the AT Law Firm team, Svetlana worked in a Moscow legal consulting company, where she advised Russian and foreign clients on issues of family, inheritance, corporate, and labor legislation of the Russian Federation, represented clients’ interests in courts of general jurisdiction and arbitration courts of the Russian Federation.
- During the period of 2016–2019 years provided legal support to the Family office of a major Russian investor.
- Previously gained experience in international tax planning, as well as organizing an international project for the import of packaging materials and raw materials for one of the largest manufacturer in the Moscow region.
Examples of exercised cases:
- A private wealthy client applied for the preparation of a will in relation to assets located in the Russian Federation and abroad. The draft will was developed taking into account the applicable law, and was also agreed upon with partners from other countries where the client’s assets were located.
- Wealthy spouses applied for comprehensive support of the divorce process, within the framework of which agreements on the division of property, child support (alimony) agreement were prepared and concluded out of court, and the divorce process itself took no more than 1 month.
- The spouses applied for the drawing up of a joint will in relation to their common property. The preparation and notarization of a will was organized at the place of residence of the spouses due to their venerable age.
- As part of the dispute over the division of property, negotiations were held between the former spouses, a procedure for communication with minor children was established, an agreement was reached on the division of property, the statement of claim was returned before it was accepted for proceedings.
- As part of an inheritance dispute, negotiations were held between the successors, the statement of claim was returned, and the property was divided out of court.
- Successfully represented the client’s interests in a court of general jurisdiction in a dispute regarding the deprivation of parental rights of a father who for a long time avoided communicating with the child and fulfilling his parental responsibilities.
- The client, foreign company, applied to the Moscow Arbitration Court to recover funds for the supply of products. To substantiate the requirements, transport and customs documents, filled with defects, were presented. The client’s requirements were satisfied in full.
- As part of the bankruptcy procedure of an individual, the Client missed the deadline for joining the register of creditors, some of the original documents that were the basis for debt collection were lost, and the transfer of the right of claim was not registered in Rosreestr. As part of several disputes in the Arbitration Court of the Moscow Region and courts of general jurisdiction, the client’s claims were included in the register, and the property was sold at auction to pay off the debt.