Julia E. Zamyatina
Julia E. Zamyatina specializes on real estate issues and transactions, land law corporate restructuring and legal due diligence.
Has expertise in Labor Law, Contract Law and Litigation.
Has experience in legal consulting since 2001.
Before joining AT Lawyers Julia was with Moscow consulting law firm where specialized in legal advising on civil law, labor law and land law issues for Russian and foreign clients. In 2004-2007 Julia provided a legal support of a day-to-day business activity of Moscow office of Motorola.
Graduated from State University – the Higher School of Economics, Law Faculty, in 2001.
Participated in Pericles American Business & Legal Education (A.B.L.E. Project) where completed the Course in Legal Writing I.
Participates in seminars on real estate issues and land law.
She is fluent in English.
List of recent projects:
- Advising a major Russian agricultural holding on complex labor issues related to downsizing of the company and following stuff reduction, including creation a strategy, drafting employment documentation, communication with labor union, defending successfully the company in a court dispute against the former employees;
- Advising a Russian subsidiary of a major international holding on termination with high-rank managers, including consulting the company on a strategy of restructuring, advising on settlement terms and conditions, drafting employment documentation;
- Advising a managing company of a major Russian gold mining holding on severance payments issues, including legal grounds and consequences, company’s tax implications;
- Advising a Russian subsidiary of one of the major international banks on current labor issues on day-to-day basis, including preparation and amendment of employment agreements, consulting on benefits and bonuses, termination issues, etc.;
- Drafting and preparing various commercial contracts (lease, general contractor, delivery, services, agency, etc.) to the Russian subsidiary of a major international bank;
- Providing legal advice to a major Japanese chemicals manufacturer regarding Russian law relevant to the payment obligations of Russian customers;
- Advising a Russian developer on preparing contractual documentation for acquiring several land plots of various categories and zoning restrictions, as well as buildings (including housing) in the Leningrad region for a construction and development project;
- Advising a Russian developer on protecting its proprietary interests in an investment project against any charging of investor’s property;
- Representing a US real estate developer in negotiations with a major Russian retailer in connection with lease of premises in a shopping hyper center that was under construction; drafting and negotiating lease documents (pre-lease, short-term and long-term lease);
- Advising a Moscow investor on prolonging the investment contract for construction of a shopping mall and registering this building as uncompleted;
- Advising on the submission of petitions and notifications of transactions to the Federal Antimonopoly Service (FAS RF); drafting of all necessary documents; representing clients in FAS RF.