Ilya A. Aleshchev
Partner LL.B., LL.M., TEP
Ilya A. Aleshchev specializes on corporate law, M&A and investment transactions, corporate restructuring and legal due diligence.
Has experience in legal consulting since 2001.
Holds LL.B. degree awarded by the Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom, and continues his education under LPC course at the University of Law, London, United Kingdom. Ilya is a TEP and a full member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners, London branch. Before joining AT Lawyers Ilya was with Russian Law Firm, where he worked in projects that involved business acquisition, corporate restructuring and conveying legal due diligence.
Graduated with honors from Pericles ABLE for LLM in American Business Law.
Graduated with honors from Moscow State University of Commerce (presently known as Russian State University of Trade and Economics).
Graduated with honors from Widener Summer Law Program in Advanced Concepts in US Corporate Law (Widener University, Delaware, US).
Has been accredited by TRACE International as TRACE Anti-Bribery Specialist Accreditation (TASA).
Is an International Bar Association member.
Has fluent command of English language. Holds ILEC Certificate.
Mr. Aleschev has a vast number of publications in legal periodicals and legal databases. Is a member of “Corporate Lawyer” Law Journal expert council.
List of major projects:
- Advising a Russian company in a joint venture with a State Corporation and a German company; advising on the corporate structure and legal implementation of the investment commitments; drafting and negotiating various agreements, contracts and corporate documents related to the project;
- Conducting legal due diligence for a Russian development company regarding the acquisition of real property (including several land plots of various categories and zoning restrictions, as well as buildings encumbered by third parties’ rights) in the St. Petersburg region for a construction and development project;
- Conducting legal due diligence for a Russian development company regarding the acquisition of land plots for construction of office buildings;
- Advising an EU law firm on the enforceability of a shareholders’ agreement held by a Cyprus company that holds 100% of the shares of a Russian company and the agreement’s compliance with Russian law;
- Representing a Russian company in negotiations with a development company regarding an office lease; drafting and negotiating preliminary agreement and lease agreements.;
- Representing a western real estate development company in negotiations with a major Russian retailer regarding the lease of premises in a Nizhniy Novgorod shopping mall ; drafting and negotiating the preliminary agreement, short-term and long-term and lease agreements;
- Representing a British citizen in a labor dispute with his former employer, a real estate consulting company (this case was settled in our client’s favor).