Daria E. Romanova
Daria E. Romanova specializes in Tax Law, currency regulations, complex evaluation of tax risks and consulting in tax planning. Has expertise in Contract Law, Custody Law and International Law.
Daria has experience in legal consulting since 2009. Before joining AT Lawyers, she had been working in Russian legal holding “FDP United Consultants” where she specialized in projects concerning budget investments in construction and reconstruction, VAT recovery, other tax issues and representation of clients before tax authorities and in courts.
Holds a master degree (LLM in Maritime Law) awarded by the Oslo University, Norway.
Graduated with honors from Moscow State University named after M.V. Lomonosov (Faculty of Law, Civil Law Department).
Has fluent command of English language, has basic knowledge of Norwegian.
Currently participates in the following key projects:
- Elaboration of possible means and procedures to optimize a structure of ownership of clients’ assets, with regard to such considerations as minimization of tax burden, maintenance of confidentiality, compliance, etc.;
- Analysis of tax and other legal risks connected with incorporation/dissolution of Russian and foreign companies, other structures (trusts, funds), or direct ownership of assets;
- Choice of the most favorable jurisdiction for incorporation of a holding, investment or operational company in view of a total tax burden on its income;
- Application of Controlled Foreign Companies (CFC) legislation in Russia and foreign countries;
- Application of IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) in preparation of CFCs’ financial reports in the light of special rules of Russian tax legislation.
- Tax consulting of non-corporate clients (HNWI), including such issues as taxation of operations with securities, real estate and other investment income.