Arbitration, Litigation & Insolvency
The Firm’s partners and associates are experienced in pre-trial negotiations, handling complex commercial litigation, and enforcing arbitrage and foreign arbitration tribunals awards in Russia and CIS.
Our attorneys represent clients in major Russian courts, including the:
- Moscow Arbitrage Court;
- Courts of Appeal;
- Federal Cassation Courts;
- The Supreme Arbitrage Court; and
- The Constitutional Court.
- The Firm’s general court and arbitrage practice includes representing western and Russian clients in contractual disputes, privatization issues, tax litigation, protection of investment, real estate development and management disputes, bankruptcy (insolvency) procedures and legal suits against credit and financial institutions.
- At the same time, we believe that the Firm’s primary goal is to help clients avoid litigation whenever possible. Our team has vast experience in dispute settlement whether by mediation, adjudication or expert determination.
Our Services Include:
- Commercial litigation
- Civil litigation
- Economical Crime litigation
- International commercial litigation
- International arbitration award enforcement
- International judgments enforcement
- Restructuring and insolvency litigation
- Tax disputes
- Public and administrative law disputes
- Shareholder, corporate and partnership disputes
- Real estate
- Libel & slander and defamation
- Intellectual property & trademarks
- E-commerce, IT and electronic copying
- Employment law
- Family law & divorce
Examples of Projects:
- Representing a major US oil company in a dispute against the Russian partner in the courts of Western Siberia due to the alleged violation of preemptive right for the shares in the Russian joint venture company;
- Representing a major Polish bank against a Russian debtor in connection with the enforcement of international arbitration award on the repayment of the loan;
- Representing in the Russian arbitrage courts minority shareholders of a Russian FMCG in a claim challenging reorganization decisions allegedly taken in violation of minority rights;
- Defending a Major foreign bank in the Russian courts against the Russian landlord in a real estate related dispute;
- Representing various foreign and Russian clients in arbitrage courts in relation to various corporate disputes, i.e. minority shareholders claims, invalidation of results of shareholders/board meetings, claiming invalidation of “interested” party transactions, enforcement of court decisions;
- Significant litigation experience in the area of real estate related disputes: general contractor claims, represent developers in land litigations, etc.