Senior associate on Family law in Private client practice
- Russian law qualified with leading Russian law schools (MSU, MSAL, MGIMO, HSE);
- 5+ PQE, of which at least 3 in the private client practice. Family office or private banking background as a plus;;
- sound knowledge of Russian family, succession, tax and civil law, case law and implementation practice;
- litigation experience;
- fluent legal English;
- knowledge and understanding of international banking, commonly used investment products, compliance requirements, key principles of taxation and tax planning;
- practical experience in liaising with banks, counsels, trustees, tax advisers and auditors in various jurisdictions, coordination of their work;
- Soft skills: self-management, client-oriented mindset, proactive approach, able to lead a team and manage projects on turn key basis;
- senior associate role with opportunity to lead private client practice;
- advising Clients on family, succession and tax law matters, compliance, marital, succession and tax planning;
- foreseeing legal, tax and compliance implications in relevant jurisdictions for global Client, running initial research on open source data;
- setting scope of assignment for external counsels in various jurisdictions, search, screening, collecting fee proposals, monitoring and managing their work;
- representing domestic and global Clients in Russian courts, coordination and supporting litigation in non Russian courts;
- personally handling private Clients of affluent / HNWI level, revealing and identifying Client’s needs and goals, articulating and with the Client scope of assignments;
- Client care and practice development, representing the Firm at industry events, press and media presence.
Mid-level associate in corporate and M&A practice
- Russian law qualified with leading Russian law schools (MSU, MSAL, MGIMO, HSE) with merits or higher;
- sound knowledge of Russian civil law with proven track record of 3+ PQE, of which at least two shall be with a law firm;;
- first hand practical experience on common law governed transactions, advising and communicating with cross border businesses;
- understanding key principles of how M&A transaction are structured and formalized, practical drafting and negotiating skills in this area, including on Russian-law governed transactions (post 2015);
- practical experience in conveying legal due diligence reviews, drafting DD reports and memoranda in Russian and English;
- Soft skills: commercial awareness, goal-oriented approach, analytical mindset, self-management, multitasking, attention to details, resilience to high workload;
- mid-level associate role in the corporate practice working on domestic and cross-border projects with opportunities to be involved in other practices;
- drafting contracts formalizing M&A transactions in English and Russian, review, analysis and participating in negotiations on the same;
- turn key support of corporate governance proceedings in Russian companies, coordination of governance proceedings in non Russian companies;
- advising on corporate and contract law matters, transaction structuring, financing, corporate governance and compliance;
- coordination and control of service providers and external counsels work;
- liaising with state bodies’ officers, regulators and notaries;
- representing domestic and cross border Clients in litigation and arbitration (courts of general jurisdiction, arbitrazh courts, arbitration tribunals).
Paralegal in a law firm
- Russian law qualified with leading Russian law schools (MSU, MSAL, MGIMO, HSE) or a 4-5 year student able to devote substantial time to work;
- superior academic credentials backed up with sound knowledge and understanding of the syllabus material;;
- ability to apply academic knowledge to real life situations and produce advice bearing practical value for the Client;
- advanced command of English, legal English inclusive, translation skills both to and from Russian;
- Analytical skills, research skills, ability to provide structured summaries, including running case law review and producing case briefs;
- ability to work under pressure, attention to details, proactive and ambitious approach, perfect spoken and written Russian, excellent interpersonal skills, resilience to high workload.
- paralegal role with opportunities to be involved in various practices of the Firm;
- case law research and analysis, composing notes and summaries for internal use, drafting contracts and memoranda;
- participation in legal due diligence, review and analysis of documents, proofreading and cross-checking contracts and reports;
- case file review in courts, composing and maintaining case files, attending court hearings;
- liaising with notaries, court clerks, state bodies’ officers;
- Translation from and to Russian of various legal documents.
References are strongly required!
BY CLICKING ON THE “ACCEPT” BUTTON, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO ALLOW US TO STORE AND PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA MORE THAN 30 DAYS IN A MANNER AND UNDER THE CONDITIONS SET OUT BY THE LAW.
In the event that you do not agree to us to store and process your data more than 30 days from the receipt by the Company of your resume (CV), you can withdraw your consent by sending a written notification to the e-mail address: HR@atlawyers.com.
Hereof you are notified in advance that sending written notification of revocation of your consent for storage and processing of your personal data will entail the termination of your participation in the competition for filling vacant positions opened in the Company.