Associate in Tax Practice
Base Salary: 120 000,00 – 150 000,00 RUB NET per month (quarterly and annual bonuses based on performance in addition)
Work experience: 3 – 6+ years (2 years work experience in consulting is a must)
Due to the expansion of AT Lawyers’ Private Clients Practice, we are looking for dynamic Russian tax consultants (lawyers) with an excellent English language command who has relevant experience in provision of quality tax and legal advice to private clients in the areas of Russian tax, succession planning, cross-border transactions, currency regulations, wealth management and financial matters.
- Russian University degree in law with good and excellent grades (MSU, MGIMO, MSAL);
- Profound knowledge of Russian tax practice and international tax regulations with proven professional track record, from 3 to 6 years of tax or legal experience (2 years work experience in consulting is a must);
- Experience of working with private clients, resolving individual tax matters, foreign accounts regulations, CFCs, cross-border tax matters, international legal and tax concepts;
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of Russian tax practice (mainly individual tax matters) and related international tax rules ;
- Experience working with private clients;
- Ability to prepare written memoranda in Russian and English;
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously;
- Organizational and analytical skills and self-management;
- Persistent and result-oriented, ability to work to deadlines;
- Ability to work overtime.
The required candidates shall be also prepared to:
- Advise clients on various tax, succession planning, wealth management, and transactional law issues, including cross-border and complex multijurisdictional matters;
- Draft and prepare tax, civil, commercial law documents in Russian and English;
- Advise clients on various legal issues related to tax, corporate and commercial transactions;
- Advise clients on various Russian and international tax issues related to structuring of holdings, application of the RF tax to cross-border payments (dividends, interest, royalties), personal income tax implications of HNWI;
- Interact with external legal consultants on the Company’s projects, coordination of relevant project works;
- Liaise with local authorities and government bodies;
- Coordinate and represent clients in Russian arbitrazh courts and courts of general jurisdiction.
- Graduates (pre-graduates) of top Russian Law Schools with good and excellent grades (MSU, MGIMO, MGUA);
- Profound knowledge of civil, corporate law, legislation in real estate area;
- Fluent Russian and English (legal English is obligatory);
- Willingness to develop in real estate, financial, corporate and transactional areas;
- Law firm experience is preferred.
References are strongly required!